Forum .LRN Q&A: Some other issues regarding LORS

Collapse
Posted by Olga C. Santos on
Hi again,

Don’t worry, this is my last message for today. Dave, Don since you are working on LORS and Assessment you can ask us to access these tests to get more info of the errors I’m reporting, if you need it.

1. Presentation format:
-Classic style is the only one that works.
-Without LORSM Index style' --> Error in include template "/web/cursos/packages/lorsm/www/delivery/delivery-no-index": can't read "viewed_times": no such variable
-MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'lorsm.lt_With_Progress_Bar'
[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52][53][54][55][56][57][58][59][60]
This is the beginning.
Next
-With bottom navigation bar: there is an image missing

When the presentation format is changed to CourseGenie, Reload or Exe courses, the tree is shown in the classic style in dotLRN 2.3.0. However, for a demo SCORM course which I don´t know how it was developed, I can change the presentation format, and get the above errors.. In 2.2.1 it could be changed but got also the above errors.

2. If I'm a professor and want to see a course, I get: / web / dotemma / packages / lorsm / www / delivery / delivery-scorm
However, as a student works fine.

3. MESSAGE KEY MISSING:
'lorsm.Course_Versions'
'lorsm.lt_With_Progress_Bar'
'assessment.Requested_assess_is_no_longer_available'

4. Some questions:
a) Courses developed with CourseGenie and Exe have default delivery as delivery-scorm. And thus, SCORM sessions are available. However, Reload courses have default delivery as delivery, and no SCORM session can be accessed. Why is this difference. Reload is the Authoring tool recommended in LORS

b) I have added IMS-MD 1.2.1 within the Reload course. However, when uploading the course, it says Metadata NO. However, for CourseGenie and Exe (which do no support IMS-MD) it says YES and even for the CourseGenie course, it shows some data from their particular metadata schema

Olga

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Editing a LORS course is not done. The feature to add xowiki content and assessments to a course is experimental. I can deactiviate those features on the 5.3 branch.

Under normal use the only way to build a course is with an external editor.

Collapse
However, we do need to have assessment (IMS-QTI) integrated in lors (SCORM). If I upload a SCORM1.2 course with a IMS-QTI zip file as a resource, I expect to have it uploaded to Assessment and to have it run in Assessment when I navigate within SCORM tree. But I'm offered to download the zip file. This other option could be a way to cope with that integration.
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Olga, we just checked in A LOT of assessment UI fixes and in about a week I will be working with Dave on finishing sequencing of Xowiki pages and assessments using LORS. I am not sure we will get to test much with Reload (we evaluated it and it is not a tool we will be touching -- there is too much "educational technology speak" in the UI for our busy content creators) so your help getting that to work would be appreciated.
Collapse
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Hi Olga, a little unrelated but which editor do you use for creating your IMS-QTI assessments?

I agree too, it should really be able to use the assessment module within the LORS player. That would be an ideal situation.

Collapse
Carl: which AT are you using to generate SCORM content, instead of Reload?

Matthew: so far, I haven't had time to experiment with an IMS-QTI and I'm using an example I had don't know from where. It's in my plans, however. I've heard good things about Respondus, so it will be my first try. Some years ago in aLFanet project, I had some experiences with Canvas Learning, but I did not recommnend it.

Olga

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Olga,

Regarding 4b), I've checked the content of the course created with Reload and there's no metadata block in the imsmanifest.xml file, so no metadata. I will try later how to include metadata with Reload and give feedback here if I can figure it out.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Olga,

Regarding 4a): lors will set the delivery mode to "delivery-scorm" if the resources of the course have the scormtype set to "sco". Delivery is set to "delivery" (no scorm) when the scormtype="asset". You can set it with reload when adding/editing resources.

However I didn't succeed yet to have the scorm sessions recorded...