Forum OpenACS Development: two problems with 523b1 - stopping implementation

I have 5.2.3b1 installed with postgresql on a linux box.

I'm having two problems with which I need help.

One is a problem in ETP that won't allow moving items like subpages and pages and links up and down in sequence. The problem has to do with a condition in the database that says the id has to be unique, when the software in ETP requires a non-unique key.

Details found at:

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message%5fid=593112

Secondly, somehow, when attempting to update a package, I did something to create an error involving psql from my site. Since 'it' happened I am unable to add a package or update a package, and the logged error is that psql cannot be executed because whoever it is that is calling it doesn't have permission.

Details found at:

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message%5fid=595879

Would someone pick these up and help with them?

Thank You in advance...

Bill M.

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
Why are you using an old beta version of OpenACS? If this is an upgrade, what version was that original.
Also, etp is pretty much deprecated, you should look into xowiki.

I would update to 5.3 and your problems should go away.
Do you have shell access to the server? You may have to source some files by hand, but I would backup your database and try a straight update to 5.3.0

Collapse
Posted by Bill Millikin on
Thanx, Jon. I guess I'm using 523b1 because I haven't found how to upgrade it? Also, I was having a lot of problems installing 5.3.0 so least resistance put me back on 523..

I'll try your suggestion. Thanx.

Collapse
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Actually, what was cut as v5.2.3 was actually still labeled 5.2.3b1 in the .info files. If you go to the repository, there are version 5.2.3 packages up there but I believe they are identical (Dave or Don?) with the version number bumped.

Can you give us a little more info on the psql error?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Yeah there are later versions of the files with the version numbers properly set to 5.2.3.
Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
To update, you need to get the files onto your server and then package manager will see the new versions.
I do this by symlinking to whatever the current verision is. If you use cvs there are other ways.

ALso, if you do the symlink, make sure you move all your assest etc. A little more work once or twice a year, but I got tired of CVS for my sites. I am by myself and don't really need all the revisons.