Forum OpenACS Development: Re: OpenACS 4.6 Install Doc Changes

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Thanks Dan,

I've updated the docs to install version 0.3.2. A couple minor things...

* The AOLSERVER.INSTALL file says to 'cp fts.so [aolserver bin directory]', but it should be nsfts.so.

* The configure script doesn't seem to pick up the Tcl headers on a standard Debian install (/usr/lib/tcl8.3). It's easy enough to add a --with-tcl argument, but it would be nice if that was picked up automatically.

* The openfts-driver package still has a param 'openfts_tcl_src_path' that I believe is obsolete now, right?

Thanks again!

Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
Argh! Oh well, the typo will have to stand until I do another release.

The code for locating the tcl lib location is located in some m4 macros that I lifted from somewhere, so I'm not too familiar with it.  But it should be setup to deal with the standard loations for tcl installations.  With aolserver  going to using stock tcl distro's, it will be necessary for alot of people to use the --with-tcl flag anyway, but I will try and fix it in the next release.  My testing showed that the configure script would pick up a tcl installtion in /usr/local, so I'm surprised that it didn't pick it up in /usr/lib.  when you say /usr/lib/tcl8.3 are you referring to a directory?  Where is the tclConfig.sh file located relative to that directory?  For now, if you could put a comment about using the --with-tcl flag, I would appreciate it.

The openfts-driver package still uses the openfts_tcl_src_path parmater, so it stays.