Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: The .LRN UI is ready for translation

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi,

We, at UNED, have a strong interest in the spanish translation so we will work on it starting next monday. I've seen that Jorge is already on it. Please let us know what you have done yet to coordinate ourselves. We have a "style guide" ( guía de estilo) for translation and a list of the vocabulary to use in the University, we have to speak as "Vd" rather than "tu" and other things like that. So I propose to update the guide we allready wrote, and then translating regarding this guide. What do you think?

On the other hand, I'm a member of the hispalinux community (http://www.hispalinux.es). Hispalinux has a project for a "Linex master" (linex is a debian-based distribution developped by Andago for the government of Extremadura, spanish province). The plan is to use a spanish version of dotLRN. We ask for volunteers at the Hispalinux forums for the translation and it's posible that we get a help from there too.

Last thing, my first language is french and I can give a help for french translation (starting next week). I don't know if there is anybody working on it yet. If so, please let me know.