Forum OpenACS Q&A: dotLRN Testing

Collapse
Posted by Simon at TCB on
Hi All,

As many of you know we now have a reasonably mature QA process for OpenACS, which is proving both successful, well supported and very valuable to the develpment of the product.

In light of that success, we now intend to begin a similar formal process for dotLRN.

This will involve providing Acc. Test Servers, Certification and on-line testing harnesses. If you've already volunteered for OpenACS Testing, you'll have a pretty good idea. If not you can always visit the Acc. Test Servers and see what its all about.

Although I'll be involved in this process, my already bulging workload is nearing 'burst' point, and therefore Ben Koot has taken up the baton and will be managing and coordinating the dotLRN specific effort.

At the moment we have target date for next week as the kick-off day (assuming we can get everything in place) so now is the time to ask for volunteers!

If you'd like to help test dotLRN, contribute to the community, and carve out a QA reputation for yourself, the Ben would realy like to hear from you. Once the Acc. Test Servers are up you can register there. But in the interim it would be really useful to have an idea of who's available.

For the first phase, and as dotLRN is perhaps not as widely known or easily separable as OpenACS, I'd like to suggest that volunteers be reasonably comfortable with OpenACS and have at least a good overview understanding of dotLRN, but at the same time I don't want to discourage anyone as testing is a great way to broaden your understanding.

So, if you've been enviously wishing you could have had as much fun as me testing 4.6, then nows your chance :o)

Anyone who'd like to consider volunteering should contact Ben directly. mailto:ben@timedesk.nl

Additionally we're looking for a couple of people to act as sys-admins for two on-line dotLRN installations, a PG and an Oracle version. If anyone is up for this again let us know (CC me in as well as I have the PG resources available)

Thanks in advance

Simon