Forum OpenACS Q&A: Default Colors in 4.6

Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Price on
Good Evening,

I've been setting up and changing the look and feel of my 4.6 installation at http://www.pcs-sc.com:8000/ . I've set the main site default background and text colors, I've developed a CSS that does not over-ride these colors and styles.

But, I am running into little things that have seemingly default colors and I'm having a hard time finding a place to edit them. Specifically, the widgets like when you do certain things in the forums package, they are sky blue and my text disappears. Also I get a light grey bar in some places that my light grey text disappears in, any help in pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Collapse
2: Re: Default Colors in 4.6 (response to 1)
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Gibert,

unfortunately some color codes have been hard coded. Grep the tcl files for 'color' and you'll find them. Log them in the OpenACS bugtracker so that they can be removed in 4.7.

/Bart

Collapse
3: Re: Default Colors in 4.6 (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Spencer on
The sky blue widgets come from the standard form template. (openacs-4-6/packages/acs-templating/resources/forms/standard.adp)

One quick solution in your case might be to replace standard.adp with plain.adp.

Collapse
4: Re: Default Colors in 4.6 (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Spencer on
I'm sorry, that was altogether too vague. I mean move standard.adp to something like standard-orig.adp, and then copy plain.adp, renaming it standard.adp.
Collapse
5: Re: Default Colors in 4.6 (response to 1)
Posted by Gilbert Price on
Thanks for the suggestions. I found the color settings in the acs-templating package. I modified the standard.adp, standard-lars.adp (blogger packege adds it) and widget.adp. Some other problems required changing colors in the /packages/acs-datetime/acs-calendar-procs.tcl file.

I did the grep for color in the files and ended up with a 476kb text file of the results. I'm not using all of the modules, but thought I'd post what I've manually changed in the bug-tracker after I finish making the changes.

Is there any preference for this, should I post color issues as I go, or save them up for one entry when I get done?

Thanks,

Collapse
6: Re: Default Colors in 4.6 (response to 5)
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Hi Gilbert, Thanks for debugging. I would post any color issues to the bugtracker as you find them. Our goal should be to keep things as design-agnostic as possible, so that creating a new stylesheet is all that is needed to change the look and feel of a site.