Forum OpenACS Q&A: static page search indexing difficulties - ghosts in my computer

Hi,

I think i have ghosts in my computer. I installed openacs 4.6 from the tarball three times today due to a number of reasons but primarily in an attempt to get searching working. I got static page search indexing to work on the first install, but then reinstalled (i.e. did a complete dropdb and createdb) and have not been able to get it working since. I have followed the documentation instructions for installing openfts on everything except i used openfts version 3.1 (because i had problems compiling 3.2). Notes indexing is working and it shows up in searches, but static page indexing is not.

This is all i have from the log:

error.log:[15/Jan/2003:22:07:34][24546.16387][-sched-] Notice: Running scheduled proc search_indexer...
error.log:[15/Jan/2003:22:07:34][24546.16387][-sched-] Notice: Done running scheduled proc search_indexer.
i.e. everything seems fine. Obviously i have "installed" the static pages service contract... so, my question is, how do i diagnose this problem?

Thanks for the help

Matthew,

If the static pages have already been added to the database you need to add them to the search queue.

Try something like this:

insert into search_observer_queue (
     select static_page_id, now(), 'INSERT'
     from static_pages
     );

This will add the items that were already scanned into the search_observer_queue. If you tail the error log you should see the items being indexed in 30 seconds or so. If not you might see an error message. Make sure that the static pages ContentProvider service contract is installed.

i ended up figuring out how to get openfts 3.2 working and that solved the problem...