Forum OpenACS Q&A: sdm.openacs.org is having problems
# lynx http://openacs.org/sdm/ Looking up openacs.org openacs.org Making HTTP connection to openacs.org Sending HTTP request. HTTP request sent; waiting for response. HTTP/1.0 302 Found Allowing this cookie. Data transfer complete HTTP/1.0 302 Found Looking up sdm.openacs.org sdm.openacs.org Making HTTP connection to sdm.openacs.org Sending HTTP request. HTTP request sent; waiting for response. Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted. Can't Access `http://sdm.openacs.org/sdm/?' Alert!: Unable to access document. lynx: Can't access startfile
However, Google has *many* links in error that reference sdm.openacs.org. Maybe it would be a good idea to redirect sdm.openacs.org requests to the appropriate location on openacs.org?
From my experience, Google's search capabilities blow away the openacs.org search capabilities. So, I believe it's worth the time and effort to make sure that Google's result links land in the right place.
Neither psql or aolserver can connect to that database at the moment. Roberto's been notified. He's got both PG 7.2 and PG 7.1 running on the box and it's possible the problem's related to this. Since he's been the last person to touch PG on the box (AFAIK) I'm going to leave it broken until I hear from him.
sdm.openacs.org and dotlrn.org are still running off of PostgreSQL 7.1.
openacs.org is running under PG 7.2.3 since a few days ago.
The problem was with a wrong setting I changed in the PG 7.1 configuration during the migration of openacs.org to PG 7.2.
I configured dotlrn.org and sdm.openacs.org to be managed under supervise, instead of the ugly inittab hack. I had setup openacs.org to be running under supervise since when the new site was in beta.
You are all to be congratulated and thanked.