Forum .LRN Q&A: TRANSLATION MISSING:

Collapse
Posted by Michael Olan on
Just about every link in a fresh install of dotlrn has the prefix "TRANSLATION MISSING:".

Anyone know why?

Collapse
2: Re: TRANSLATION MISSING: (response to 1)
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on
Probably something to do with the message catalog from the i18n not being loaded.

Did you checked out from HEAD? I think i18n is not yet in the stable version of dotlrn, is this correct? I think it will come in the next release...

Collapse
3: Re: TRANSLATION MISSING: (response to 1)
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Michael,
make sure that you are on the CVS head. Try doing cvs status on acs-kernel/acs-kernel.info and on dotlrn/dotlrn.info and check that neither of these files are on a branch.

Check your log file for error messages, especially error messages related to the acs-lang package. Feel free to post error messages in this thread.

I did a fresh install of dotlrn cvs head on postgres right now and I don't have any translation missing problems. On which pages do you have these problems?

Thanks!

/Peter

Collapse
4: Re: TRANSLATION MISSING: (response to 3)
Posted by Jeff Davis on
Michael,

Unless you need the i18n work you should check out the oacs-4-6 branch of OpenACS and the dotlrn-1-0 branch from dotLRN. If you do you need to get i18n stuff, then make sure the checkout if from HEAD of both dotLRN and OpenACS. As it stands, the 4.6 branch of OpenACS does not provide the acs-lang stuff that dotLRN HEAD requires.