Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS 4.5 -> 4.6 upgrade breaks search

I'm upgrading from 4.5 to 4.6.  The only part of the platform that needs to change is OpenFTS, which goes from 0.2 to 0.3.2.  The seventeen steps I needed to upgrade are documented at http://aufrecht.org/openacs-4.6-quick-guide/ch03s02.html.  Current functionality seems to survive the upgrade, except for full text search.  Static pages 4.3 produces errors when indexing, and Notes 0.11d doesn't produce any errors but doesn't show up in search.  As I am bashing my head into the brick wall of upgrading OpenACS, I thought I would check to make sure that these things are _supposed_ to work with OpenFTS 4.2 and Search 4.6.

Static Pages indexing fails with

Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")
    while executing

and the log says,

Error: Ns_PgExec: result status: 7
message: ERROR:  Function 'static_page__new(unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown,
unknown)' does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Joel, that looks like bug 145, which is fixed in 4.6.1. The 4.6.1 beta is cvs tag "oacs-4-6-1-b1", or for the newest 4.6.x everything you could just use the 4.6 branch in general with "oacs-4-6", although that is of course a moving target. I recomend oacs-4-6-1-b1, as that should shortly become the 4.6.1 release.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
You might also have to visit /acs-service-contract and reinstall the FtsEngineDriver service contract implementation for OpenFTS. Without that the search package cannot find the indexer.