Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH returns nada ...

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
It looks like .bash_profile in my home dir do get sourced, but that it only gets read until it comes to the last "export PATH" statement.
ola@debian:~$ env | grep SHELL
SHELL=/bin/bash
ola@debian:~$ which bash
/bin/bash
ola@debian:~$

ola@debian:~$ env | grep PATH
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin:/usr/local/pgsql73/bin
ola@debian:~$ source .bash_profile
ola@debian:~$ env | grep PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/pgsql73/lib
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin:/usr/local/pgsql73/bin:/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin:/usr/local/pgsql73/bin
I tried and commented everything out and then log out/in. The PATH would then look like this: "/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games" ... i.e., without the pgsql bit.

Note that, when it's been sourced, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set and PATH has the "/usr/local/pgsql73" part twice. It does not seem to stop in the middle there ...

Jade, I left it the way you suggest, but like I said to Aldert, it did not make any difference. As you can see, I run bash. Now, bash should work with this syntax, no?

Thanks for the support.