Forum OpenACS Development: HEAD installs again with new permissions code ...

I've just tested installation of both the Oracle and PostgreSQL versions and everything installs.

One minor difference in 4.6.1 and HEAD/4.7 ...

After installation visit the "groups" link from the index page and click on "relationship to site".

You'll see that your system admin is now a member of the main subsite, as will other members that register for your site.

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

If we want to use the new code, do we have to re-install? I think I am running the current checkout. Is this going to be it for 4.6.1, or is there more coming?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
You need to run the upgrade-4.6-4.6.1.sql scripts manually or through the APM for acs-kernel, cms and wimpy point maybe (? I forget which packages were necessary to upgrade, sorry, just search for the files, oracle only needs the one for acs-kernel)

You also need to make sure that acs-tcl/tcl/acs-kernel-procs.tcl is recent, checking against "security_context_root" instead of (boo-hiss) hardwired object 0 in the first proc in the file.

If you're using file storage I recommend picking up the 4.6.1 or HEAD version depending on what lineage you're working from.

I've made some minor improvements to other queries here and there in the 4.6.1 branch that won't get migrated to HEAD until we close the release and kick it out the door, that being up to Jeff Davis.