Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Oracle won't quit

Collapse
3: Re: Oracle won't quit (response to 1)
Posted by Mark Aufflick on

Oracle controlled by inetd? sounds like a recipe for craziness! I am assuming you mean init.d!!

It depends on how you are starting and stopping AOLServer. If you are using inittab directly, you don't have any fine grained control over when in the level shutdown your service is stopped, but you could use levels to your advantage: eg:

• set your system to starup to level 4 (with the initidefault line in inittab)
  • set aolserver to only start for level 4 (the bunch of numbers at the start of the aolserver line of your inittab)
  • set oracle to startup in level 3 in the rc.d folder structure (should already be like that

if you are using daemontools, you could always put a "svc -d /web/aolserver-folder/" in the "stop" section of your /etc/init.d/oracle or whatever it's called on your install.

did that make sense? i know what i meant makes sense, but I may not have said what I meant... if only our brain ran a perl interpreter... (the perl interpreter's golden rule is DWIM - do what I mean, not what I said!)