Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Wimpy Point Package!

Collapse
3: Re: Wimpy Point Package! (response to 1)
Posted by Samir Joshi on
Hi Rocael,

Many thanks for taking up much needed coordination of  the WP tasks !

About export/import - the current work is using ns_xml : should we use tclDOM ( this matters only for the import functionality).  BartT  might have some advise / sample code on using tclDOM with OpenACS .

Collapse
4: Re: Wimpy Point Package! (response to 3)
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Samir & Rocael,

that should be tDOM not tclDOM as tclDOM is a tcl implementation of DOM and not to be confused with tDOM, a C implementation. tDOM is scheduled to replace ns_xml in 4.7.

/Bart

Collapse
8: Re: Wimpy Point Package! (response to 3)
Posted by Jim Lynch on
About the very last point... would you say it's important, while editing a slide, if the responder were to pay attention to the content of the extra, initially blank, bullet item field?

It presently does not, and consequently, it is not possible to add bullet items to a slide at all.

Anyone feel this is important? :)

Collapse
9: Re: Wimpy Point Package! (response to 8)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Jim,

Rocael has fixed this problem and should be posting a new version of Wimpy Point shortly. I have been testing the newest beta (about 3 days old) and it is possible to add three new bullet items at a time. Rocael uploaded a patch if you can't wait a couple of days for the updated version.

Carl

Collapse
10: Re: Wimpy Point Package! (response to 9)
Posted by Jim Lynch on
Hi Carl; thanks for the reply.

And hi Rocael; nice work :) except, where do you post the
packages? On the main openacs cvs? Or where?

-Jim

Collapse
12: Re: Wimpy Point Package! (response to 10)
Posted by Jim Lynch on
OK, here I am replying to myself again :) I found the patch... the jist is I did get it going; nice work.

I was going to say the upgrade script doesn't work, but I can't say that definitively because I didn't do things in the right order. Here's what I did:

• found the upgrade script
  • ran it
  • it did run without errors or warnings
  • I -thought- I was done (turns out this was wrong) so I tried it, and it failed
  • hmm, what to do? I guess I'll drop wp-slim data model and redo it (so: I gave no chance to the upgrade script)
  • tried it, -still- no go. sheesh! what could this be?
  • happened by the package manager... Bingo! there's a reload link! I reloaded, and thought different of it, so dropped data model, reloaded, restarted server.
  • made a new presentation, this time everything worked. Again, nice work.
-Jim