Forum OpenACS Development: Re: ANN: dotWRK developments

Collapse
Posted by Nick Carroll on
Hi Jeroen,

I've just started a Masters degree at the University of Sydney, where my focus of research will be on a project management system that I will design and develop.  I had intended on developing a project management package for OpenACS, which can be integrated into dotWRK when it is finally released.

I would like to be a member of the core development team, but with a strong focus on project management.  I am currently working on a project specification document that I would like to release to the community for comments, when I am close to completing it.  Again this document will focus on a project management package, and will not be considered as a specification document for dotWRK, which I believe is to be an intranet application.

Cheers,
Nick Carroll.

Collapse
Posted by Jeroen van Dongen on
Nick,

Great to hear. From the various mails I've received so far (I'll publish intermediate results over the weekend) I get very much the impression that there is a great deal of interest in having a set of project mgmt tools for oacs, and some that would fit in with a dotWRK-a-like environment more in particular.

Eager to see more!

Rgds,
Jeroen

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Hi Nick,

Aristoi (a new OACS/dotLRN/dotWRK company) just launched a OACS based "Project Portfolio Management" website for a corporate client. The project involves managing lots of repeative tasks performed at different locations (stores) on different dates.

We'd be happy to share what we've done, learned and the problems we've run into with you and others working on dotWRK.