Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Template contract for OpenACS projects

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Could we first flesh out the community standards and then make a contract template out of it which could become a standard appendix to any contract (like the GPL most likely is as well). I don't know what the standards are, let alone make a judgement on a contract template.

As for the other terms and conditions, I'd encourage you to get blocks of contract details laid out readily (Confidentiality, Not hiring of Employees, Guarantee (and lack thereof), Late delivery conditions, Not engaging into client's clients (if you are subcontracting), allowance for subcontracting on your own, you get the picture) for easy reuse.

I strongly encourage all that build upon a template contract (your own or the one given by the client) to have the contract checked through a lawyer in the country that governs the contract. It does not mean you will have to change and renegotiate the contract with your client again, but should make you aware of the risks involved and give you an idea if you need to amend the pricing due to the risks involved.

Off Topic: polyxena.net crashes the Safari browser for all pages. Or maybe it's just my computer.