Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Template contract for OpenACS projects

Collapse
Posted by Staffan Hansson on
Thank you. I gather from the above responses that there is indeed a more generally felt need to get the community standards on print, so that these could be formally agreed to in contracts. Whether this general (OpenACS-wide) agreement should make up the basis of the contract with the particular (case-specific) agreement appended to it (like my draft and Al suggest) or vice versa (like Malte suggests), I haven't formed an opinion about yet.

At any rate, it does seem like a good start to try to flesh out what the community standards actually are. After that we can get them into the contract template in whatever form is most appropriate (appended to it or interwoven in it). You'll find my interpretations of what the community standards are under the headings "The OpenACS Context" and "Open Source Licensing" in the draft. These texts cover the OpenACS demands on openness in terms of the project process and the project product respectively. Please check if my interpretations are valid.

About the Safari bug, it's a CSS thing that they know about ever since Carl reported it to them. Let's wait and see if they fix it for the final release of Safari (it's still in beta, if I'm not very much mistaken). That's what you get for having a "classy" website...