Forum OpenACS Q&A: Seattle OpenACS Social on Thursday, Mar 27 at 5:30

Hi Northwest OACS geeks,

Carl Coryell Martin will be hosting an OpenACS social in Seattle this coming Thursday at the Elysian Brewing Company starting at 5:30. I'll be up there, as will the Seattle contingent I imagine.

That is, calling Tom Jackson, Joel Aufrecht and all you other grundge rockers.

Here are the Elysian details:

Elysian Brewing Company
1221 E Pike St
Seattle W A 98122
(206) 860-1920l (their mistake on the phone number, not mine. trial and error will you get the the answer i guess...)

Topics will be:

• What beer do we want?
  • How do we properly celebrate Joel's documentation efforts? By drinking beer, perhaps?
  • More beer, anyone?
  • Who drank all the beer?
  • What's better, beer or beer?
  • And others...

See everyone soon!

talli

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

Thanks to Carl and Talli for contributing to my delinquency.

According to my wife Alysian's phone number is: 206-860-1920.

It is on the corner of Pike St. and 13th Ave. East. Madison is one block south of Pike at 13th.

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
I'm going to try to show up.  Should be fun to put some names with faces.  (Well, I have a face for Talli, but it's him at 16!)

See you there!

Collapse
Posted by bob phillips on
road trip! Is there anyone in Vancouver, BC ?

I'll be there.

bob

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Count me in.
Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
OK, current Seattle social participants are:
  • Joel Aufrecht
  • Carl Coryell-Martin
  • Bob Phillips
  • Tom Jackson
  • Cathy Sarisky
  • Talli Somekh

Anyone else wanna announce their presence? Perhaps the naked and the invisible Vinod?

talli

Collapse
Posted by Stan Kaufman on
Dang, wish I could get up there. Seattle is the best pub city I've ever lived. The Blue Star in Wallingford, the Magnolia Pub in Magnolia (best burgers on the planet -- the "Killer Burger" is worth dying for), Hales Brewpub down in Ballard. Ah well, please post the menu, er the minutes, from the meeting, Talli!
Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Perhaps the naked and the invisible Vinod?

The naked and invisible Vinod will be there.

Unfortunately, the non-naked and non-invisible Vinod is stuck in NYC.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Ahem ...

Portland, not Seattle, is the birthplace of the modern microbrew movement.  History, people, history!  The overturning of state laws preventing breweries from selling their product retail in pubs was first overturned right here in Oregon (forbidding such operations was part of the post-Prohibition conditions on the legalization of alcohol passed due to lobbying of the larger brewing companies that were still around, most notably Busch ala Budricer)

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Ahem...

I think Stan said "best" not "first" Don.

You know, as in, "Vinod may not be the first person to dance the lambada in a paisley bikini on a banana split, but he sure is the best!"

talli

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
or as in:

Talli may not be the first person to post to the openacs forums completely drunk, but he ... now, where was i going with this?

As to which Pacific NW city has the best beer: I bought a friend a bud-lite for $6 here in NYC tonight, so i beg you to all count your blessings.

Doh!  Looks like I missed the shindig.  I couldn't get out of other committments until 9 or so.  I swung by, but no signs of drunken OpenACSers or sober ones for that matter.

Until next time...

Walter