Forum OpenACS Development: Contributed Packages repository (does one exist?)

Ars Digita used to have a place where you could download any of community-submitted packages. I found another forum entry asking if OpenACS has something like that, but no answer. There's a file-sharing area somewhere on sdm (which I can't find at the moment) but no obvious links or anything. I know this has been a topic of discussion, so I guess I'm asking for a State of the Repository update from anybody with the patience. Where can I upload my new package, how can other people find out about it, and where we download each other's packages?

(The ideal answers seem to me to be from a link on the Download page called "Upload", a dedicated forum, and directly from the Download link on the home page.)

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
We have a contrib portion of the CVS tree and have talked about putting up a contrib download repository.  I think this will happen after we figure out how we'll unbundle things so we're no longer making monolithic releases, something we've talked about doing by OpenACS 4.7.  I think we'll just put up the new repositories all at once after we figure out just how we want to structure stuff.

But for now we've been letting folks put stuff into CVS contrib, they just need to e-mail myself, Jeff, Lars etc and we can set them up with access.