Forum OpenACS Development: Regarding ad_form

Collapse
Posted by Jayakumar Sudhaharan on
Hi,

In our project we are using ad_form.We have created select box using ad_form.Now our requirement is on changing of the select box we have to redirect to some other page.We don't have any document for ad_form.If any one can explain us how to do this one.Then, it will be very much helpfull for us.Can any one tell us where we will get the documentation for ad_form.

Thanks and regards,
J.Sudhaharan.

Collapse
2: Re: Regarding ad_form (response to 1)
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Following url is ad_form doc for 4.6.

https://openacs.org/api-doc/proc-view?proc=ad_form

A local version should also be available on your system. I found this by searching for 'ad_form' within site:openacs.org at google.com. Hope this helps.

Collapse
3: Re: Regarding ad_form (response to 2)
Posted by Jayakumar Sudhaharan on
Thx torben.Even i got the site.There they are not explained fully.We don't know whether those things only there in ad_form or some more also there.Our requirement is without using javascript we have to call onchange or equvalent to that event.In that event we will do some process.So if anyone knows how to call any switch which is written by own.
Collapse
4: Re: Regarding ad_form (response to 1)

Jayakumar Sudhaharan, I have not used ad_form yet, so cannot confirm this, but..

In reading the referenced page, there is this one sentence:

This example includes dummy redirects to a script named "somewhere" to make clear the fact that after executing the new_data or edit_data block ad_form returns to the caller.

It seems to me that this "somewhere", in the example code, is the place to make the redirect. How it is done (whether as a procedure in the same file, or a url reference), I don't know yet --and would like to see a working example... maybe can be found by grepping the tcl files for ad_form???

Collapse
5: Re: Regarding ad_form (response to 1)
I think I got it. The  "somewhere" parameter is called by ad_returnredirect in the example code.

So I tried this url:

https://openacs.org/api-doc/proc-view?proc=ad_returnredirect

which indicates how the parameter should be supplied. Hope this helps.