Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: oacs-4-6-1-final and tip of dotlrn-1-0 are not compatible - recommendations?

So you are saying that the recent turmoils related to permissions and apm upgrades are resolved now and the HEAD of the oacs-4-6 branch is mature and safe to use? Are you sure  that there won't be any other major additions to that branch with the inevitable bugs in the near future?

What if I want to make sure our project benefits from the 'guaranteed upgradability' that Jeff states for releases only in the other thread referenced above, and still use dotlrn?

I guess this wouldn't be an issue if dotlrn was in the openacs.org cvs repository as well - then release tags could span both oacs and dotlrn. Are there any intentions to move dotlrn to openacs.org cvs, now that openforce closes down?

I just found out that we previously did something wrong with the cvs commands and 'cvs update -r dotlrn-1-0 -D 2003-03-10' actually works the way I expected it. I will try to update the dotlrn sources to that date now and see if that results in a stable system.