Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: New installation with theme-zen

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Malte,

Before answering some of your questions, let me say that theme-zen is still under (heavy) development, especially the part regarding install, upgrade and integration with acs-core (first round for integration has been committed few hours ago and has issues).

a) AFAIK, no, it shouldn't be changed. The dotlrn-master-custom is the one which allow switching among sloan, selva and zen themes at user and community level.

b) "Add new site template" and "Admin Parameters for Site Templating" buttons should appear above the list. If it's not the case, we have a new issue here.

c) theme-zen will be the default theme on install and we'll probably force it on upgrade too unless we can get help to work on CSS for sloan and selva themes (to be discussed at .lrn meeting today).

d) hmm? it should support both. Maybe it has something to do with the integration. We'll check.
To have theme-zen as default template, use the "Site templates"-"Admin params for site templating" from dotlrn admin but if the button doesn't appear on your install, well...

e) show/hide portlet buttons should appear in theme-zen. Not sure about the other themes.

f) Not sure what you mean.

g) see c)

h) yes, it should.

i) yes, theme-selva is installed by default.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
a+b) Only if I changed it things worked. I changed it back and got it to work by clicking on Admin Parameters for site templating, changing it to zen and then restarting the server.

e) they are back after doing the change
f) Not an issue anymore (after server restart)

h) From the code it seems so as well, but it is still grabing I don't know what 🤔
i) why are we installing theme-selva if we make theme-zen the default?

Either way, after I figured out the main issues. As for the unstability, I am well aware of that, so no expectations on my part. Just providing feedback on things striking me odd.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Thank you for your feedback Malte, it's very useful.

About theme-selva, it's installed by default so far but probably won't for 2.3 release.

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
The theme zen work looks like it will be absolutely fantastic for the future of dotLRN!

I am interested in having a look at it for myself as Malte has done, do we have know when it will go into Alpha or Beta testing? Is there an instance on a test server which I can see or is work mostly being done on private checkouts?

Cheers,
Matthew