Forum OpenACS Q&A: Aolserver 4.5 problem with adp extension?

Sounds funny I know but I upgraded my site to 4.5 yesterday using Malte's script (worked perfectly save 1 error at the bottom of the file - pkgIndex.tcl is in the /lib subdir of tclwebtest-1.0) and now the server is returning 404 for any URL requests that include .adp. I watched my logs and noticed the pattern so I removed the extensions from the offending pages on my public web site and the problem went away.

Everything inside the toolkit that I've tested seems to work fine so I'm not terribly worried but still, this is a little odd. I'm guessing that there's some old cruft in my config.tcl (which dates way back) that is causing the problem. I looked at the base.tcl included with 4.5 and checked it up against mine and couldn't spot the problem, though. The most obvious section to look at is:

ns_section ns/server/${server}/adp
ns_param   map                "/*.adp"    ;# Extensions to parse as ADP's
#ns_param   map                "/*.html" ;# Any extension can be mapped
ns_param   enableexpire       false     ;# Set "Expires: now" on all ADP's
ns_param   enabledebug        $debug    ;# Allow Tclpro debugging with "?debug"
ns_param   defaultparser      fancy

ns_section ns/server/${server}/adp/parsers ns_param fancy ".adp"

Does anyone with more Aolserver config experience see a problem there. Any suggestions for other areas to look? Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on

When debuging an older config.tcl used in a newer aolserver version, you might want to also verify the order of sections, using something like grep ns_sections config.tcl