Forum .LRN Q&A: Translating some contents from.LRN site

Hi everybody,

I'm working in a public web site with the intention to make .LRN more well known in Brasil. So, what I'm doing is translate some contents from dotlrn.org web site and publishing them in this other site:

http://www.softwarepublico.gov.br/dotlrn/clubs/openacs/xowiki/

My concern about it is: is this some kind of copyright violation? I usually put in the end of the page the exact address where the information came from. Before I continue with this work, I would like to know if it's fine to do that. Let me know what I should do otherelse.

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
A few years ago there was discussion about putting the dotLRN.org content officially under a creative commons license but I don't thin it every officially happened.

Everyone I have talked to has always intend it to be freely available so I think you should feel free to translate and republish.

We would love to have a summary of what you have done up on the dotLRN site and to help you publicize it.

Thanks for your work!

Collapse
Posted by Eduardo Santos on
Ok. So I'm going to keep the translation work and as soon as I finish it I'll use the xowiki export and give it to you guys so you can put it in dotlrn website.

You can see the results in the above link. Thank you for the explanation and the attention.