Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Error sending email from user-new-2.tcl Expected a 250 status line; got: 501 5.0.0 Invalid domain name

Cathy - I admit, I hadn't tested just sending normal mail outside of OpenACS/.LRN.  I guess I wasn't 100% sure "what" it was using as a mailer in the first place.

David - Sorry I didn't catch that thread before posting.  It contains the solution, as well as Claudio's post.  Thanks for your time, it's appreciated.  I try and check before I post, but didn't see that one 🤔

Claudio - Thanks so much for your reply.  That is exactly what the issue is/was.  Once I changed it (and restarted AOLServer), it works great.  I think I have almost all of my initial installation bugs worked out now for .LRN, this is a great system!

I have noticed that on the password reminder form when it asks for your name I could enter either the name for that account or the name of another account I had created (the initial admin one).  Not sure if this behavior would work for any named user yet, but it's interesting...

Thanks again everyone.