Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Link to publications related to OACS and .LRN

Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Hi Abelardo

I agree that it would be very useful.

Here are some openacs/dotlrn papers you might be interested in:

1. Calvo, R.A, Carroll N. and Ellis, R (2007). Curriculum Central: A portal system for the academic enterprise. Intl. J. of Continuing Engineering Education and Life-Long Learning (IJCEELL), 2007, Vol. 17 No. 1. (For those interested the package is in CVS)
  2. Ellis, R.A. and Calvo R.A. (2007). Minimum indicators to quality assure blended learning supported by learning management systems. Journal of Educational Technology and Society. April. 10 (2).(an evaluation of teaching strategies using dotlrn)
  3. Turani, A and Calvo, R.A. (2006) Beehive: A Software Application for Synchronous Collaborative Learning. Campus Wide Information Systems 23,3, 196-209.[DOI] (A description of Beehive, also in openacs's CVS)
  4. Ellis, R.A. and Calvo R.A. (2006). Discontinuities in university student experience of learning through discussions. British Journal of Education Technology. 37 (1),55-68.[DOI] (Another evaluation)
  5. Ellis, R. A. and Calvo, R. A. (2004) Learning through Discussions in Blended Contexts. Educational Media International. 41, 3, pages 263 - 274. (DOI)
  6. R. Ellis, R.A. Calvo, D. Levy, K. Tan. (2004) Learning through Discussions. Higher Education Research and Development. Vol 23 (1).
    pg. 73-93.  (HERD Journal)
  7. Calvo R.A. and R. Ellis. dotLRN: Herramienta de gestion de la Ensenanza. Revista IRICE No. 17, 2003 pg 143-50 (general description of dotlrn, maybe outdated for learning about its features, but usful if you need an academic reference in Spanish)
  8. Turani, R.A. Calvo and P. Goodyear (2005) "An Application Framework for Collaborative Learning" International Web Engineering Conference 2005. D. Lowe, M. Gaedke (Eds.), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3579, pg 243-251. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. [Springer link] (Design issues of Beehive)
  9. N. Carroll, R.A. Calvo (2005) " Integrating Web Applications and Web Services" International Web Engineering Conference 2005. D. Lowe, M. Gaedke (Eds.), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3579, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg [Springer link]
    1. If your library is not subscribed to the specific journal, let me know and I can send you a copy.
      Some are avilable in my site.
      saludos,

Rafael