Forum OpenACS Development: .LRN Access Denied

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Hello friends,
I created a user in .LRN as a student and logged in the system as this user. Now when I go to My Account and follow the link "What others see about me" then I get the following message:

Security Violation

You don't have the permission to admin dotLRN.
This incident has been logged.

Can you tell me why this happens?

Best Regards,
Nima

Collapse
2: Re: .LRN Access Denied (response to 1)
This also happens if I want to join a group or class.
Collapse
3: Re: .LRN Access Denied (response to 1)
Sorry! I just found out that the user has to join a group or class to have access to it.

So this problem only occurs for the link "What others see about me".

Collapse
4: Re: .LRN Access Denied (response to 1)
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Nima,
I'm pretty sure I know why this happens. We made a little mistake when we bundled the 1.0 .LRN release so that some OpenACS parameters were not correctly set.

For the ACS Kernel package the parameters CommunityMemberURL and CommunityMemberAdminURL need to be changed by a site wide administrator.

As site wide administrator, visit /admin/site-map. Under the section "Configurable Parameters" visit the "set parameters" link next to "ACS Kernel". You will now be on a parameter page. Click on the "system-information" section near the top right of the page. Now set the following parameter values:

CommunityMemberAdminURL /dotlrn/admin/user
CommunityMemberURL /dotlrn/community-member

This problem has been corrected for the 1.01 release of .LRN. On a technical note those parameter values are set by the dotlrn/install.xml file.

Collapse
5: Re: .LRN Access Denied (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Oops, thanks for fixing that, Peter.

Serves you, Lars and everyone else in Copenhagen right for partying and drinking beer downstairs while poor old Don was working hard upstairs trying to lash together the .LRN 1.0 release! :) :)

Collapse
6: Re: .LRN Access Denied (response to 1)
Thank you very much