Forum OpenACS Development: Re: dotWRK: Project Manager

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
About work_hours:

Yes I think this is why we need to think in terms of scheduling resources. Resources are going to be available sometimes and not others. MS Project does a good job with this, and I think we can do something similar.

Can you describe how rels work a little more? I guess I'm unfamiliar with them. Or refer to where I could learn more about them?

Caroline suggest we use acs_events to keep track of all date related activity. I'm willing to do this, I guess, but that's another piece of software I'm not familiar with. Can you describe a little more what advantages acs-events would give us?

I like the idea of completion surveys for projects. This should probably be optional, however.

Interesting thoughts about photo-albums. Makes me very curious about rels.

Good point about users vs. parties

I'm not sure I completely understood your point about mapping points and lookup tables. Where are these used? Is this something one of the data models?

Thanks for all of your points, Caroline. It's very helpful to have real-world examples to work from (and your real-world experience in creating it). I look forward to Rocael and Dave's postings too.