Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 4.6.3 and beyond

Collapse
6: Re: 4.6.3 and beyond (response to 1)
Posted by Randy Ferrer on

Don - There is a pretty good list already in this thread which gets into deprecated packages and such. I can go ahead and test PG stuff as you suggest and if anyone is interested in coordinating with me to prevent duplicate efforts, please email me. This will make it much faster and provide for better testing imo. In any case. I'll go ahead and begin testing of the beta release as soon as it is available. I won't test packages listed as deprecated or against Oracle. Can anyone step up for Oracle testing? I will be testing primarily on 7.3.2 since this will soon be the reference platform for PG, unless someone has strong opinions to the contrary.

Count me in for 5.0 testing as well - I have a dedicated test server sitting in my office for this, lets put it to good use! There is a chance I might be able to put this server on-line in the not too distant future - I'll announce if and when it happens. If anyone is interested in forming an OACS test team, please let me know or if anyone has formed one, please let me know as well so we can coordinate tasks etc.

Now, if someone could just answer my query re replacing calls to deprecated functions, it would really be quite helpful. TIA.