Forum OpenACS Q&A: Inaugural MIT OpenACS Hacker Award goes to ....

I am pleased to announce that the Inaugural MIT OpenACS Hacker Award goes to Don Baccus.

The awarded will be presented annually to someone in the OpenACS community who exemplifies inspired coding, community leadership, and an irreverent spirit.

This year's prize is a Macintosh 17" Powerbook.

Don, Congratulations and thank you for your leadership and contributions to the OpenACS community.

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Woohoo, congratulations Don!  You're gonna love the Powerbook... just don't leave it unattended while Mike's around.  :)))
Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Congratulations Don!
We are all very very grateful for your contributions. I don't know where we would have been without you...
Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Congratulations Don. What an outstanding award for such an inspiring person in the community. And thanks for MIT for Donating the Award and giving it to the person deserving it the most.
Guess this makes up for us enjoying the evening in Copenhagen as you hacked away getting .LRN 1.0 out the door. Glückwünsche!
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I'm blown away, what a pleasant surprise to wake up to (and I am just waking up, I haven't had my coffee yet!)

Yes, I do love the 17" Powerbook, and gave thought to stealing Al's when we were in Copenhagen :)

Thanks to MIT for their ongoing support to the project, and thanks to everyone in the community for their hard work.  If we didn't have such an outstanding crew there'd be no point in having an award.

Collapse
Posted by Randy Ferrer on
Congratulations Don! Well deserved indeed. Thanks for all the fantastic work you do, your leadership and for all the inspiration! 😊
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Congratulations from me, too. Definitely deserved.

I put it up as a news item on the openacs.org page :)

/Lars

Collapse
Posted by Danielle Hickie on
Don you lucky bugger! Well deserved, well done. Who gets the annual Big Mouth Award?
Collapse
Posted by Danielle Hickie on
Well done Don! You lucky bugger! Well deserved!
Collapse
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on
Wow! Congratulations Don! Well deserved (as said the dozen people that posted before me). It's going to be a bit of show off going to Stumptown with the new 17" :))
Collapse
Posted by Mohan Pakkurti on
Very cool! Congratulations Don!

/Mohan

Collapse
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Lucky bastard. Way to go...

/Bart

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Congratulations, Don!  (Thanks, Al)
Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Congrats Don!

Dani,

Everybody knows who is the loud mouth smuk here.  That is no contest.  If we ran a poll it will be a land slide. :)

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Congratulation Don. You do a great job. nima
Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Wow! There's a few replies above this I couldn't agree more whole-heartedly. Congrats, Don!
well deserved Don, I have been always seen you as a great leader in openacs, specially in the sense that you have been doing a great effort giving inertia to the ball ...
and thanks to all the support that Al & Sloan has given to openacs. ;o)
Collapse
Posted by bob phillips on
self: wakes up from bitter and real ale stupor, in the middle of Newark airport & grabs a HIGH SPEED INTERNET openacs.org fix to find Baccus Hacker award announcement....

self: "Talli, where's the presentation social?" I'll chip in the weight of a 17" powerbook in beer...

congrats, Don.

bob

Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Congratulations Don

From down under,

Collapse
Posted by Stan Kaufman on
Don, I've been out of town and out of touch for a week, but let me pile on the praise even if late: Congrats!! MIT couldn't have made a more deserving choice!