Forum OpenACS Q&A: Forms not working

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Hi all,

I'm having a weird error on the Stop Abuse For Everyone website.

Any time I see the weird looking forms (using the standard default template), the forms don't seem to process.

When I hit submit, the form doesn't proceed to the next page. It just clears the form, and I'm back again at the beginning.

This obviously criples the site, because I can't add people to groups, and do things like set up Forums, etc..

Any suggestion as to where I might look to fix this?

I'm on 4.6.2.

I think the first thing I'll do is upgrade to 4.6.3, but any other suggestions?

Collapse
2: Re: Forms not working (response to 1)
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Hi Jade,

I don't have any ideas, but my first rule is don't upgrade something that's broken or it might get more broken...

of course if you try it on a backup you're safe :)

Collapse
3: Re: Forms not working (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Upgrading's unlikely to fix a problem this fundamental - in 4.6.2 you could create forums, for instance,

What's in your access log file?  Are you seeing the post?  Have you put any debugging code into the page that build the form and processes the submit?

Collapse
4: Re: Forms not working (response to 1)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I'm not absolutely sure that this is the course of the problem, and have not done extensive checking yet, but it appears the cause was that this view was missing:

CREATE VIEW "wf_user_tasks" as SELECT DISTINCT ta.task_id, ta.case_id, ta.workflow_key, ta.transition_key, tr.transition_name, ta.enabled_date, ta.started_date, u.user_id, ta.state, ta.holding_user, ta.hold_timeout, ta.deadline, ta.estimated_minutes FROM wf_tasks ta, wf_task_assignments tasgn, wf_cases c, wf_transition_info tr, party_approved_member_map m, users u WHERE (((((((((((ta.state = 'enabled'::"varchar") OR (ta.state = 'started'::"varchar")) AND (c.case_id = ta.case_id)) AND (c.state = 'active'::"varchar")) AND (tr.transition_key = ta.transition_key)) AND (tr.workflow_key = ta.workflow_key)) AND (tr.trigger_type = 'user'::"varchar")) AND (tr.context_key = c.context_key)) AND (tasgn.task_id = ta.task_id)) AND (m.party_id = tasgn.party_id)) AND (u.user_id = m.member_id)) ORDER BY ta.task_id, ta.case_id, ta.workflow_key, ta.transition_key, tr.transition_name, ta.enabled_date, ta.started_date, u.user_id, ta.state, ta.holding_user, ta.hold_timeout, ta.deadline, ta.estimated_minutes;

I discovered this while moving the site from one server to another (documented at http://rubick.com/openacs/moving). I got this error while doing the import:

psql:safe4all_27.dmp:18876: ERROR:  Relation "party_approved_member_map" does not exist

Hopefully that will fix the problem if someone else has similar problems in the future.

Thank you all for your help.