Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): TIP #13 (Implemented): Oracle 9i support for OpenACS 5.0 and .LRN 2.0

There have been a few discussions and also some work done for porting OpenACS to support Oracle 9i. Here are the related forum discussions:

OpenACS 4.6 does not yet work with Oracle 9i?
Oracle 9i problem
Copenhagen - Oracle 9i (informal)
Oracle 9i porting

I would like to complete the porting effort and let us support Oracle 9i in the OpenACS 5.0 and .LRN 2.0 releases.

Undoubtedly necessary - "Oracle 10g" is around the corner...

What is the effort of supporting Oracle 9 with OpenACS and what needs to be done to make it work?

What is the status of the Oracle 9i port?  Is there a team? Is it a project?
The code has been committed and I installed core and some packages and it worked for me. It's been tested some but not exhaustively by any stretch.
I have 4.6 version of OpenACS running at a client site (ILO in Geneva) since April 2003 w/o any problems. If Jeff's committed version is based on a version I provided Mohan, then I am fairly confident that it is very stable.

Last week I downloaded the 5.0 alpha version and and installed ILO applications. For the moment all seems fine. I will have more information in the next couple of weeks as we test the applications more thoroughly. Just a reminder besides the core we use File-storage and FAQ.