Forum OpenACS Development: Re: API for parsing html-forms

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Hi Jeff,
I installed TCL 8.4.4 and the AOLServer v4:

3 questions:

1. I compared the bin directory of Aolserver 3.3 and 4:

v3.3:
libphp4.so nscache.so nscp.so  nsd-postgres nsfts.so  nsopenssl.so nsperm.so nsrewrite.so nssock.so libtdom.so  nscgi.so nsext.so nslog.so nspam.so nspostgres.so  nssha1.so nsxml.so

v4:
nscgi.so nscp.so nsdb.so nsext.so nslog.so nsperm.so  nssock.so

Can I simple copy these files or do I have to recompile them using the v4.0 source code.

2. Where do I have to make the setting package require tdom?

3. There is a sample-config.tcl file included in v4.0. Can I copy the missing settings from my current OpenACS config.tcl file? Do you have a config.tcl for OpenACS 5 file that the v4 server uses?

They still have the docs of v3 online at aolserver.org :(

Thank you for your help.

Greetings,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Nima,

though I'm not Jeff, I will answer anyway ;)

1. No you can't. Aolserver 3 and 4 work differently, just recompile them.
  2. So far I have always linked it up and not used package require, but Jeff and I clearly have different opinions on this. In general though it seems that package require is the way openacs is going to suggest the use of AOLserver
  3. Not as of now. Just make sure you include nsdb.so in your module section (ns_param nsdb ${bindir}/nsdb.so). And, depending on the way you install tdom, make sure this is included as well.
  4. Use the -b yourip:yourport when starting AOLserver. Though only required for priviledged ports, it is useful to remember this and use it all the time.