Forum OpenACS Q&A: tsearch2 problems

Collapse
Posted by Michael Aram on
Hi everybody,

I´m trying to install tsearch2 on a debian-etch box and am facing some problems. I use the OACS 5.4.0. There is a tsearch2.so file under /usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/lib/

when I try to install the module via

/acs-admin/apm/packages-install

(in fact, it offers "upgrade", not "new-install")

I get en emtpy error (both if check to ignore the sql or not):

--------------------------------------------
Installing Tsearch2 Driver 5.4.0
Failed to install Tsearch2 Driver, version 5.4.0. The following error was generated:

NOTE: If the error comes from a sql script you may try to source it manually. When you are done with that you should revisit the APM and try again but remember to leave the manually souced sql scipts unchecked on the previous page.
---------------------------------------------

hmmm...

PS:
when i try:

psql dbname <  /usr/share/postgresql/8.2/contrib/tsearch2.sql

I get the error:
FEHLER:  keine Berechtigung für Sprache c
(no permission for language C)

Collapse
2: Re: tsearch2 problems (response to 1)
Posted by Stefan Sobernig on
Michael,

the "denied permission for language *" issue relates to a privilege mismatch between the executing user of psql (yours is not traceable from the lines posted above) and the required superuser ones these kind of language-level operations (as tsearch2.sql) require.

So check the following:

Issue a "\du" in the interactive psql environment and make sure the OPENACS/SERVICE user (whatever this might be in your setting) takes the role of a superuser.

For the manual approach: Pick one of the listed superusers in "\du" and make sure, psql is executed in such a user's realm: psql -U _superuser_ -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.2/contrib/tsearch2.sql

However, in order to comment further, you need to reveal your user settings ...

cheers
//stefan