Forum OpenACS Q&A: File-Attachment with Edit-This-Page?

Has anyone added file-attachment possibilities to ETP?
Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Or B/X-CMS for that matter :)
Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
This is a work around, but you could enable adding comments, and then you can upload an attached file as part of the general comment.
Collapse
Posted by Esti Alvarez on
We, at eFaber, have added file-attachments capabilities to the ETP via file-storage package. You need the 2 packages mounted in the same level of the site map for it to work, but the end user doesn't notice it because we have created scripts to upload them transparently from the ETP. The problem (?) is that at the same time we have done some other changes which makes it difficult to offer you a patch with only what you are asking for. They are, I think, very useful things that people may be interested in:
  • Internationalization of the ETP package.
  • Images inside the page content via photo-album package. The images are inserted in the text via a <foto> tag.
If somebody is interested, we can send him a tarball with all this code
Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Hi Esti,

I think you should definetly patch your i18n of ETP to cvs.

Regarding your foto tag I cannot tell. Do I have to mount a file-storage instance and foto-album manually?

I am very interested to have a tar ball.

Greetings,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
This is interesting indeed. Please upload to CVS or send the tarball my way ;).

As for the photo album integration you should know that you can give the photo id to the random-photo script which comes with photo album, so there is not necessarily a need for the foto tag, but for sure I'm interested.

Collapse
Posted by David Ghost on
I am interested in your ETP tarball.
Pls send it to me via e-mail. -Thanks in advance
Collapse
Let me check that everything works fine and I'll send a tarball to you all as soon as possible (may not be before the weekend).

Our changes were made on the ETP released with OACS5.0, so the functionality that may have been added afterwards is not implemented. I've also seen the file-storage package has changed quite a lot since then, so I want to check if our ETP may still be used with the new one or a downgrade would be needed.

> Do I have to mount a file-storage instance and foto-album manually?

We have created a "subsite-add" clone that mounts the 3 packages for you. I'll send it together with the rest.

Collapse
Hi again!

I've sent the three of you the tarball via email. In case anybody else is interested, you can download it from http://www.efaber.net/openacs-stuff/etp-extended/ .

I hope the instructions are clear enough.

Collapse
Someone has just told me that I made a mistake when making the tarball because the file-storage that I included in it is not the correct one, so if someone has tried to make it work, he has probably not suceeded. I am sorry. I have made the tarball again, and believe it is now fine. You can find it in the same URL posted above.