Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Notifications on General Comments

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Orzenil: I believe you posted the wrong patch?
Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hi Jade,

sorry, you and Dave are right: i sent the wrong patch file. The patch i sent is a one long file containing all modifications made by David Ortega. This patch file add notifications not only on general-comments but file-storage, lars-blogger and news packages too.

Do you think i could resent this patch one by package? If you want you can navigate on my home test system where i applied this patches and evaluate it. I sent an email to mailto:jade@rubick.com with url an pass.

Thanks

Collapse
Posted by David Ortega on
Hi Orzenil,

Sorry but I didn`t know anything about this thread. Have you had any problem with the modified packages? As you says, files I sent to Rocael add notifications (implemented using service contracts) on g-c, lars-blogger, news an file-storage.

It is possible that some of them were based on obsolete versions of the original packages, so I can make the changes on the current versions (HEAD) or on Dave's code (is it in contrib?)

Thanks,

David

Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hi David,

I coordinate much of this with Rocael by e-mail. He sent your files to me and i generate patches against HEAD. I sent back patches to Rocael audit it and them commit if it works fine.

In my fresh installation from HEAD, patches were applied and behavior was what I expect but i think Rocael could decide better if it is applicable to cvs.openacs.org.

I think problems could be in file-storage because your modified files were made with version 5.1.0a3 and HEAD is on 5.1.0a5 (at least when i generate patch against it).

A major problem could be in generall-comments. The patch works for me but I use this package from HEAD and as Jade said Daveb is working in this package in contrib to remove dependencies from acs-messaging and others..

I asked Daveb in irc today session https://openacs.org/irc/log/2004-09-14 about it and he says changes could be better against generall-comments in contrib.

Maybe you could contact Rocael or coordinate with Daveb if you have time to make changes yourself. If I could help in this way please contact me.

Thanks

Orzenil