Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: dotlrn user manuals

Collapse
4: Re: dotlrn user manuals (response to 1)
Posted by Bruce Spear on
HI!
Good question.  I'm hoping to do some work on the user documentation this fall, and Dirk and I are scheming to build a little context-dependent help system into Dotlrn along the lines of Moodle's system.  It makes sense to start with Sloan's versions, and my idea is to cut them down a bit, generalize them for non-Sloan users, and integrate them with specific educational purposes.  Presently, I've got two short tutorials online at: http://home.arcor.de/civici01a/programming/tutorials.htm, and I'd like to prepare some more.  I'd also like to coordinate this work with others and stick them in some sort of central repository until such point that we can build them into the tarball.  I'm wondering if there are others out there that might want to be a part of this.  Any takers?
All the best,
Bruce
Collapse
6: Re: dotlrn user manuals (response to 4)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hello Bruce,

great news!

Please share your plans a little bit more in the threads, plus we (galileo) might be able to collaborate in some parts. We are also considering to do some animated tutorials, but those should be based on your docs guys.

I haven't seen the context dependent hep of moodle, can you explain it a bit ...?

Another thing that we are planning is to create customized portal setting depending on the type of user you are: professor / student & beginer to advanced.