Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Project manager 2.50 beta 1 released

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Jade, I'm looking at project manager for the first time and it's quite impressive!  It's clear a lot of hard work went into this and it's going to be very useful.

But (you knew there was a but, right? :) I have a problem and a question.

The problem is that when I turn subprojects on and try to view a project, I get a Server Error:

Orderby 'project_name' not found in list 'people'
    while executing
"error "Orderby '$orderby_name' not found in list '$list_name'""
    (procedure "template::list::orderby::get_reference" line 9)
    invoked from within

The code in question uses listbuilder, which I haven't mucked around with yet, so I'm a little clueless as to what to do with this.

My question is this:  I want to insert an extra level of project, so instead of

Project
  Task1
  Task2

We have

Project
  Solutions
    Solution1
    Solution2

This is for a site that calculates and then presents alternative solutions to a particular problem to the user.

This seems like an obvious use of subprojects, but there's also a tie-in with categories and it's not clear to me which one I should use.  What would you recommend?

I'll start looking at the error in an hour or two if no-one more knowledgeable about listbuilder comes along.

Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Janine, although the datamodel supports the use of subprojects, the UI does not. It is not going to be terribly difficult to add back in support for subprojects, but it will take some hacking. There are likely a bunch of small bugs that will have to be fixed.

I'm not using subprojects at my installation, but the underlying design took them into account, and a lot of the procs were written to support subprojects. I just haven't tested to make sure they work, which is a sure sign that they won't (!) without some bug-fixes.

Hope that helps.