Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN 2.5.0

Collapse
14: Re: .LRN 2.5.0 (response to 13)
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Alvaro,

Thanks for your commit.

Regarding the way to get the localized pretty_name, I recommend to use lang::util::localize instead of lang::message::lookup. It would be more straightforward requiring less code and dealing with the cases when the pretty_name is a combination of literal text and message keys (can happen!).

Regarding the form to edit assignments types, the pretty name form fields should be enabled for edition (the value need to be localized as you did). Those types are created by default to provide a pre-configured environment but they may not match the end users needs so they need to be editable.

Also, usually a course will be used in one sole language, so if the admin/teacher decide to enter a literal string it's OK. Anyhow, it should be admin/teacher decision, not the developer one. Also it would be a bit excessive to ask for a message key here.

Collapse
16: Re: .LRN 2.5.0 (response to 14)
Posted by Alvaro Rodriguez on
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the help with the render of the message-keys, it's a lot better this way, I just commit again using that proc.

Collapse
17: Re: .LRN 2.5.0 (response to 16)
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Alvaro,

I didn't realize at first because I just looked at the code, didn't test on a site. But now that I did, it appears that the evaluation admin index page links to grades/grade-add-edit, not to tasks/task-add-edit so the "grades" pretty name are still message keys.

What version of evaluation are you working on?