Forum OpenACS Q&A: Happy Birthday to DonB!

Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
That's right, today's his birthday. Happy Birthday Don!
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
And Ben's was a few days ago, so belated Happy Birthday to Ben!
Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
Happy Birthday to both of you.
Collapse
Posted by David Walker on
and mine is Saturday.  Happy Birthday to me.

Happy birthday guys.  Let's have a party.

Collapse
Posted by Mat Kovach on
Happy Birthday to everybody.  Wouldn't this be a good use of the calendar module? :)
Collapse
Posted by Michael A. Cleverly on
And, happy upcoming birthday to Roberto.  (Three days? Four? Really, it's 734 more... when will you celebrate, Roberto, Thursday or Friday? 😊
Collapse
Posted by David Kuczek on
Happy birthday to Don, Ben, Roberto, David and all the other fishes...

I always knew that "fishes" were very special (my birthday is March 7th😉

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Many Happy Returns!
Collapse
Posted by James Thornton on
Happy birthday Don, Ben, Roberto, and David.

Mine was yesterday.

Collapse
10: !!! (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Happy Birthday guys
Collapse
11: =) (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Mine is 10th of march..... you know what that means, some of us here belong to the PICIS zodiac sign, we are just dreamers!
Collapse
Posted by James Harris on
Happy birthday to all of you.  I have to wait until December...  😟
Collapse
Posted by Joel Natividad on
Speaking of using the Calendar module, any updates on the new OpenACS web site?
Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Happy birthday to Don, Ben, and others. And happy b-day to me 😉 I'm a leap year baby, so I celebrated it yesterday. Funny is that my twin brother celebrated it the day before 😊
Collapse
Posted by Jerry Asher on
If I understand your statement, it appears you're currently four times older than your brother.  How fast and for how long might you have to travel for you to catch up to your brother (assuming he remains in this inertial frame?) (I know, I know, frames are considered harmful.)
Collapse
Jerry,

I don't see where did I imply that I'm four years older than my twin brother. I said that I'm a leap year baby, so my twin brother should be a leap year baby too.

I said that celebrated it yesterday (march 1st) and that he celebrated it the day before (Feb 28th). I don't see where did you pick up the "four years older" thing from, but I'm curious 😊

Collapse
Posted by Jerry Asher on
I claimed you were four times older. It appeared your twin was born on February 28th around 11:59pm, and you were born on March 1, around 12:01am, and you celebrate four birthdays for every one of his.

So I believe that if you know your exact age, (I don't and so I don't believe I can solve the equations without leaving age in as a parameter), then you can name an acceleration, and an amount of time that you could travel at, decelerate, and return that would permit your brother to age faster than you, eventually catching up to your ripe old age.

Collapse
I said I (and him) _celebrated_ it on separate days. That doesn't mean that we were born on different days, at least I  didn't mean that, although re-reading the sentence and looking very hard I can squeeze that implication out of it.

Even if I had been born of Feb 28th, and him on March 1st (this could have been possible, since we were born 15 minutes apart, but on the same day), cronologically speaking it wouldn't matter (as it doesn't).

The leap year extra day is a consequence of the 365 days and 6 hours translation period of the earth, so every 4 years an extra day. Cronologically though, it's still the same for him and me (for the sake of ageing), another reason why your statement that I would have 4 birthdays for each of my brother's sounded so weird.

Anyways, sorry for the off-topic everybody :)