Forum OpenACS Development: New package maintainer for project-manager, organizations, room-reservations

I'm turning over my package maintainership to Alex Kroman for several of the packages I've been responsible for.

He's been doing some excellent work on these packages, and he was hired as my replacement at IBR, so he will be continuing and improving upon a lot of the work that I was doing.

Alex has proved to be an excellent developer, and I think I'm leaving these packages in good hands.

Thank you Jade for your dedicated work on maintainement of project-manager. It is a great software.

Maybe Alex could explain how the development are going on nowadays. From what cvs directory we could get project-manager to accomplish new developments?

Docs for project-manager here https://openacs.org/projects/dotwrk/project_management/code explains the code is in contrib. In fact if you just get code with command "cvs ... co project-manager" you will have version 2.70a1 but Alex post on News - https://openacs.org/news/item?item_id=303332 - says that new version is 3.0. The 3.0 version is only available under packages directory with no alias with command "cvs ... co -d project-manager openacs-4/packages/project-manager"

From what code we could start working on project-manager developments?

Thank you

Hi Orzenil,

Jade should probably answer this question but I'll try to take a stab at it. To grab the latest version of project manager with cvs you'll need to take it from the oacs-5-1 branch

cvs co -r oacs-5-1 project-manager

I'm guessing that you are using oacs-5-2. It seems that project manager was moved into packages recently and when 5-2 was branched the latest version of project manager was still at 2.7.

Alex

There are two developments of Project Manager happening, one on HEAD and one on oacs-5-1. The version on 5.2 was an accidental commit by me which will be fixed the moment I have some time (using the HEAD version as this works on 5.2 as well).

Main reason for the difference in the packages: 5.2 has callbacks and the HEAD version of PM makes heavy use of callbacks for tight integration with other packages.

Alex, i downloaded project-manager from oacs-5-1 and got it working but i had this error on instalation using postgresql:

Failed to install Project Manager, version 3.0b2. The following error was generated:
Password: psql:project-manager-table-create.sql:688:
ERROR: column "customer_id" does not exist CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "acs_object__new" line 17

Just commenting out line 688 in project-manager-table-create.sql prevents this error.

Malte, i was trying project-manager on oacs-5-2 because i am learning about callbacks and according to Tip 79 i saw it was added right on that branch, isn't it? I will accomplish project-manager HEAD to see what you are doing. I saw there are great new things like integration with forum, file-storage and contacts instances via callbacks.

Thanks

Oops, sorry about that. It's now fixed.
Thank you Alex.

Could you take a look at this patch and see if it fits to you: https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/patch?patch_number=703

I had errors when trying add activities to a project in project-manager on oacs-5-1.

Thanks