Forum OpenACS Development: Re: LORS, Evaluation, Assessment, User-Tracking update

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Hi Rocael,

I am trying to get the user-tracking package to work and could use a little help.

I have installed the user-tracking package from cvs (5-1 branch as it is a .lrn installation - I will also try the 5-2 branch).

I have also installed the extendedheaders config as per https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=291877

I have also installed the Time::Local perl module required by the awstats perl script (and verified that it can run).

My server access log is showing the user id and the community id as expected.

When I click on any of the generate stats links or wait for the scheduled proc to run, I see the script getting run in the error.log, but I never see any of the resulting .dat or awstats/* files that the code indicates should be created.

Hence, I always see "no data for this month".

Can you give me some pointers about how to get it up and running?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

I think the right version of user-tracking is currently in the 5-2 branch, but it's possible that the scheduled proc doesn't work properly due to recent changes we introduced in the awstats logic. Anyway it should run when you click in the generate stats link.

Can you verify if the file tools/logresolvemerge.pl got execution permission?

Are lines written in error.log similar to the following?

[06/jul/2005:16:43:09][12512.57352][-conn:elane::4] Notice: Update for config ".../packages/user-tracking/www/awstats/cgi-bin/../../../config/awstats_dotlrn.site.conf"
With data in log file ".../packages/user-tracking/tools/logresolvemerge.pl .../logs/elane.log.2005-07-0[2-9]* .../logs/elane.log.2005-07-1[0-9]* .../logs/elane.log.2005-07-2[0-9]* .../logs/elane.log.2005-07-3[0-1]* .../logs/elane.log.2005-08-01* .../logs/elane.log |"...
Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record...
Searching new records from beginning of log file...
Phase 2 : Now process new records (Flush history on disk after 20000 hosts)...
Jumped lines in file: 0
Parsed lines in file: 714
Found 0 dropped records,
Found 579 corrupted records,
Found 0 old records,
Found 135 new qualified records.