Posted by Sam Nicholson on
I've noticed a number of these errors. In fact,
I can't fill out this forum entry as typing in
what I see on my 5.2 server causes such an
error in the acs running this forum.

Look in: packages/acs-kernel/sql/acs-install.sql

There is a '#' then 'acs-kernel.Main_Site' then '#'

There are others. Is this generally known, or
should I submit a more fulsome bug report?
Or am I missing something else entirely?

Cheers!

Collapse
2: Re: MESSAGE KEY MISSING (response to 1)
Posted by Gary Roesler on
Sam,

Have you imported all your language keys?

Collapse
3: Re: MESSAGE KEY MISSING (response to 1)
I'm not sure. That wasn't an explicit step in the original install. Though I have repeated those steps many times, and by repeating incorrectly, may have botched it.

I just checked the localization settings. I'm using EN/US and have 2399 "translations" according to the table at acs-lang/admin/

Where in the setup/admin is the "import language keys" if not in acs-lang/admin ?

Thanks/Cheers!

Collapse
4: Re: MESSAGE KEY MISSING (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
I am getting the same error message in my forum package http://www.timedeskblog.com/etn/forums/ and I do have all languages installed.

Cheers
Ben

Collapse
5: Re: MESSAGE KEY MISSING (response to 1)
Posted by Brian Chapados on
I'm using openacs 5.2b1, postgres 7.4, aolserver 4 on os x 10.4.2

I've noticed that the message keys for weblogger-portlet are also missing. I tried importing all messages for en-US, but it did not fix the problem. I also noticed that the /catalog directory under packages/weblogger-portlet (version 0.1d2) is also empty, which explains why the message keys aren't being imported.

Note that I'm running new-portal and weblogger-portlet under openacs 5.2 without dotLRN. I haven't tried installing dotLRN to see if the message keys for weblogger-portlet are located somewhere else. Anyone have any ideas?

Brian

Collapse
6: Re: MESSAGE KEY MISSING (response to 1)
This is still a problem. I can't tell if a bug has been filed. Bug 1350 looks close, but appears moribund. I'm wondering if these aren't incorrect spellings of message keys.

At any rate, the problem in the original forum posting here still exists. Does it make sense to submit yet another bug?

Cheers!

Collapse
7: Re: MESSAGE KEY MISSING (response to 1)
Not sure how I stumbled across it, but https://openacs.org/doc/current/update-translations.html has some seemingly helpful instructions.

I used the /admin/import-messages link and reduced the number of missing messages a fair amount. But some are still missing.

Cheers!