Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Latest developments of imsld package

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Derick,

Finally I have tested imsld from HEAD and ran into a few problems that I have fixed and committed (http://fisheye.openacs.org/changelog/OpenACS/openacs-4/packages/imsld):

- free DOM trees only just before returning from the proc not earlier. The thing is that if the temporary tree is deleted, any node associated to it will be deleted too, even if they are referencied from another tree (looks like a flaw in tDOM).

- move old after_upgrade (imsld-install-procs) into the new one (apm-callback-procs) to avoid confusion.

- apply show/hide directive recursively on activity structures. Even if activity structure has no isvisible attribute, the model does allow show/hide operations on them (see conditions). The trick I used is to hide the children of the structure recursively and not to show the structure node in the activity tree if none of its children is visible.

I have tested with dotLRN 2.5 also and since it works well I have tagged it as "dotlrn-2-5-compat" to be able to retrieve a snapshot at any time.

Collapse
Posted by Derick Leony on
Hi Emmanuelle,

Thank you very much for all of this! We'll merge theses commits with our local code and we expect to commit some other fixes soon.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
HI Derick,

You're welcome.

I forgot to mention that I also committed a fix for showing only the visible plays.

If you find any problem when merging with your local code, feel free to email me.