Forum OpenACS Development: Re: POST Method can be broken when using host node map

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Eduardo Santos,

site_node::conn_url was created to help deal with host node map issues related to "ns_conn url"

When used in place of "ns_conn url" most related issues go away.

For example, the site context bar works using this. The context bar works when accessed from the main site domain and host node map domains.

Maybe if site_node::conn_url were applied to acs-core in more places, more host node map issues would disappear.

The code is located at the bottom of this page:
http://fisheye.openacs.org/browse/OpenACS/openacs-4/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/site-nodes-procs.tcl?r=HEAD

cheers,

Torben

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
It looks good but I don't think accessing the database is a good idea for a procedure to be used as you suggest.

Also why does it check for nsunix. Is there any such driver anymore?

Hey Torben,

I didn't know this proc, and it seems to be a good solution. However, it doesn't solve the original problem: ad_conn is set up with the wrong url. In order for this to work we would have to replace all [ad_conn url] calls by site_node::conn_url. It seems a huge job for me.

The idea of patching request processor is to provide the information it should in the first place, and make sure all the calls work in the site.

There's still the singleton packages problem, wich is not solved by this proc. Think about the user trying to access acs-lang to change his locale. This is also an issue right now.

Thanks for the info and for your opinion. I'll use this proc to fix context bar, wich was not working on my site. Maybe we should add this fix to the core too (context bar)?

Hi Eduardo Santos,

Maybe a revision of this code should be added to ad_conn?

It seems the most appropriate place..

Could the singleton issue be resolved using an index.vuh file with internal redirects?