Forum OpenACS Q&A: What functionality do you miss on OpenACS.org for your daily work

Folowing Maltes idea, here's the question. Fire away at what you want to see made available...
I know I am not answering the question but the challenge for OpenACS at the moment is not "lack of functionality". Building more functionality is useless if the project is unable to *maintain* its code base properly.

We are talking about which new rooms to build in the edifice while the foundations are rotting and existing rooms are not being kept up-to-date.

I don't mean to be churlish. Of course, we shouldn't discourage innovations such as Gustav's Wiki package or Nick's dotFOLIO from flowing in. However, because we are such a small community we need to focus in the immediate term in addressing some of the structural weaknesses identified by Joe Cooper and others.

For example, Caroline Meeks has a proposal on the table for Wiki Per Package. Let's rally around something like that and move it along as quickly as possible to improve documentation, fix the bugs, and have a coherent plan for maintaining packages.

Hi Al, it seems that you missed the point. The question is (and was) what functionality you need on openacs.org to get most of the things working that you want to have there.

Carolines idea is exactly answering my question. But I don't want to limit peoples creativity and enthusiasm by not providing them the tools they might need to get the site running.

Last but not least, I hope that we can circumwent the issue of developing new functionality that does not exist in OpenACS but get packages working on openacs.org that are needed there.

For a start this seems to be: XoWIKI.

Exactly, this thread is about this website, not about OACS.
This idea with includes in wiki is really the best starting point
to get ALL content here better organized, current homepage
has no logic an no navigation, this is kind of labyrinth,
too many links inline instead of in menus etc.

Therefore my answer for this thread question is:
we need wiki with includes - this is superb!