Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Res: OCT meeting summary (26/jul/06)

Collapse
Posted by Frank Bergmann on
Hi Everybody,

It's funny, a few weeks ago I started receiving mails from the OCT and I thought that was a mistake, until I found that I was actually part of it. Thank you very much for your confidence!! Since that time I've spent most of my time on-site at a customer, so I had very limited possibilities to attend any OCT meeting. I promise I'll change that in the future.

For a quick reply: I'd be glad to share our "infrastructure" with the general community, for marketing or whatever. Also, there is quite some GPLed code in ]po[ that could be incorporated into the OpenACS core packages. Malte has already seen some, and is some more coming.

However, I don't think that it's really about the infrastructure. It's more about how people are motivated and who is driving the efforts. Also, "marketing" for me is about listening to "customers", understanding their needs (sorry for the bs...ing, but it's true!), more then about pushing newsletters to contacts.

Still, let's talk about it. I try to attend the next OCT meeting.

Concerning the Project Manager post: I've replied to that one before seing this thread. So please enjoy my defense speach... 😊

Cheers,
Frank

mailto:frank_dot_bergmann@project_dash_open.com
http://www.project-open.com/

Some marketing of the benefits of OpenACS is always needed, maybe is more focused for possible adopters (programmers, IT directors, users, etc.). And if any marketing will be done, that should first go into openacs.org site organization and face. See you next OCT, wednesdays 17:00GMT as usual.