Forum .LRN Q&A: Berkleemusic.com status

Collapse
Posted by Michael Serio on
We launched (quietly) and are running a 'live beta' on an entire open
source stack. We plan to ramp up slowly. We will do a soft launch in
October and a media-promoted launch in January.

We have met with Al Essa and are in the process of determining
how/when to fold the LMS back into dotLRN.

Special thanks to the OpenACS/dotLRN communities for your help!

PS. Our current chat solution is not open source. We will remedy this
ASAP.

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
Michael,..Congratulations...Al
Collapse
Posted by Tapiwa Sibanda on
Beautiful site. Absolutely fantastic
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
I have to agree with Tapiwa... took a good look at it yesterday. Amazing! Nice job Berklee! I will make sure and tell all the musicians I know about it. Congratulations.
Collapse
Posted by Andrew Grumet on
All of the above, and ripping fast.  Congratulations!
Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
I liked it so much I gave my cousin a Berklee Passport for her band. Its still needs some work but check it out at:

http://www.berkleemusic.com/promo/promokit-display?promokit_item_id=46916

I also really liked the flash demo of the elearning area:

Course Demonstration

Collapse
Posted by Oliver Emmler on
Great Job, Absolut fantastic.
Collapse
Posted by Paul Giordano on
I frequently use your site as a model of what can be done with ACS.  Thanks for doing such nice work.  The flash demo is also nicely done. When will you go full speed with it?
Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
We have met with Al Essa and are in the process of determining how/when to fold the LMS back into dotLRN.
Michael, have you and Al Essa agreed on how and when to fold your LMS into dotLRN?

Could you point me to a specification or similar where it is presented what problems you've been trying to solve?

We (Polyxena) are working on a curriculum package (visualizing a student's traversal in a syllabus) that we might be able to hook onto your LMS. But to see if the package we're working on fits your's it would be nice to learn about your LMS solution.

Cheers.

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
I'm duplicating the posting because I think it ought to be at the end of the thread. Sorry about the mistake, I'm still getting acquainted with the new forum, that's all...
We have met with Al Essa and are in the process of determining how/when to fold the LMS back into dotLRN.
Michael, have you and Al Essa agreed on how and when to fold your LMS into dotLRN? Could you point me to a specification or similar where it is presented what problems you've been trying to solve? We (Polyxena) are working on a curriculum package (providing a visualization of a syllabus) that we might be able to hook onto your LMS. But to see if the package we're working on fits your's it would be nice to learn about your LMS solution. Cheers.