Forum OpenACS Development: Re: FYI: Errors upgrading ]po[ from OpenACS 5.9.0 to 5.9.1

We would have to fix TSearch2 for PG 10/11.

What do you want to fix? we use it with these versions (with oacs-5-10, but i do not think we had to fix something)

-gn

As far as I know, for Tsearch2 in the ]pproject-open[ codebase, the only required modification is to change all calls to "to_tsquery('default', x)" to "to_tsquery(x)"
Tha's it and that's all. A single edit operation.

Maurizio

Hi Maurizio,

Thanks for posting! I knew it would be something like that, but I didn't even look yet ...

]po[ copies the strings to be indexed into a separate table and applies the TSearch2 full-text index on one column of that table. ..

Cheers
Frank

You're welcome Frank.

It's a matter of strategy.

A first strategy corresponds in doing the updates/upgrades every now and then, say every X years. By so doing the number of changes that have to be taken into account is quite considerable. And you have to test all these changes.

Another strategy, the one I've been using for OpenACS, is to always keep up with the developments of the various components/libraries and always make sure that everything works. By so doing, the number of changes that have to be taken into account every single update is very limited (1 or at most 2 at a time). This reduces dramatically the time required to solve the issues related with the change(s).

I might be wrong, but I believe that at the end of the day, the second strategy is cheaper.

Maurizio

Hi Maurizio,

yes, you were right. I only had to remove duplications from tsearch2-driver which made it into intranet-search-pg and ammend the queries as per your instructions. Well.. and load an updated im_search_update function into postgresql before running any update (as there are triggers on cr_items which fire with normal openacs upgrades).

(removed ]project-open[ code..  wrong place )