Forum .LRN Q&A: Error Message when deleting a forum post reply on s6 docker install

Error in include template "/var/www/openacs/packages/forums/lib/message/delete": Transaction aborted: Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception ERROR, "ERROR: record "new" is not assigned yet
DETAIL: The tuple structure of a not-yet-assigned record is indeterminate.
CONTEXT:
PL/pgSQL function forums_message_search__dtrg() line 17 at assignment SQL statement "delete from forums_messages where message_id = 4109"
PL/pgSQL function acs_object__delete(integer) line 46 at EXECUTE SQL statement "SELECT acs_object__delete(p_message_id)"
PL/pgSQL function forums_message__delete(integer) line 34 at PERFORM SQL statement "SELECT forums_message__delete(p_message_id)"
PL/pgSQL function forums_message__delete_thread(integer) line 32 at PERFORM ") ERROR: record "new" is not assigned yet

DETAIL: The tuple structure of a not-yet-assigned record is indeterminate.
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function forums_message_search__dtrg() line 17 at assignment SQL statement "delete from forums_messages where message_id = 4109"
PL/pgSQL function acs_object__delete(integer) line 46 at EXECUTE SQL statement "SELECT acs_object__delete(p_message_id)"
PL/pgSQL function forums_message__delete(integer) line 34 at PERFORM SQL statement "SELECT forums_message__delete(p_message_id)"
PL/pgSQL function forums_message__delete_thread(integer) line 32 at PERFORM

Dear Kenneth,

you are providing very little information about your installation and what you did in detail. What is can read from the error message is that this is not related to s6 or docker, but is a problem with your database (actually the search triggers).

In order to check, whether a bug has sneaked into the installation, I did the following steps

• Installed a fresh OpenACS instance using docker-s6
  • login
  • added Tsearch2 Driver via "install from local filesystem"
  • restart OpenACS
  • added forums package via "install from repository"
  • restart OpenACS instance
  • added Forums application
  • created new form named "Testing"
  • added message "m1" to this forum
  • deleted this message,

... and everything is fine, no error message in the browser or in the error log of this instance.

The used packages are:

• acs-kernel 5.10.1d5
  • forums 1.4.0d4
  • tsearch2-driver 5.10.0
Dear Gustaf,

Thank you very much for your reply. The install is a standard s6 install but the database has been mucked with in some few ways to try and configure postgres on the host instead of in a container. We are still working on that part.

Since you confirmed that a fresh install did not produce the same error, I conclude that some thing(s) since the initial install has happened that causes the error. The move to another thread works as well.

We will continue to do more testing and then re-install which I need to do so that I become more familiar with the process.

Thank you very much, again.
Cheers!